As a follow-up to my post SQL Server “Denali”: New Certifications, the seven exams for SQL Server 2012 are:
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server (70-461) [BI and DBA] (info) (course)
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases (70-462) [DBA] (info)
- Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases (70-464) [DBA] (info)
- Designing Database Solutions for SQL Server 2012 (70-465) [DBA] (info)
- Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (70-463) [BI] (info) (course)
- Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (70-466) [BI] (info) (course)
- Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (70-467) [BI] (info)
I have indicated which role (“Business Intelligence” [BI] or “Database Professionals” [DBA]) each exam fits into. The unanswered questions I have is how will this work: Will you be awarded a MCTS for each test, and then a MCITP if you pass the four exams for each role? Will any of these test have prerequisites? What will the upgrade path be if you have SQL Server 2008 certifications?
It appears these exams will be available in June, 2012.
New this year is that SQL Server 2012 Professional-level certifications will require recertification every three years. For more info, check out Sneak Peek: SQL Server 2012 learning products in development.