Not much news came out of the PASS Summit 2013 from last week, but boy did I have a blast! I met over 100 people who were presenters or bloggers (I counted). I made an effort to find them as I wondered around the halls. I also had a lot of people come up to me while I was standing around, which was great.
Here are those few items that were announced during the week:
- 3,533 delegates and 1,726 pre-conference registrations across 52 countries for a total of 5,259 registrations. That was about a 7% drop from the last summit
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Community Technology Preview 2 was released
- Announced was the ability to back up databases with compression and encryption to the Azure Cloud
- PASS Summit 2014 will be held at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center in Seattle from Nov 4-7, with two days of Pre-Conference Sessions beginning Nov. 3, 2014
- Announced a Fast Track Data Warehouse image for Windows Azure