Microsoft keep turning out updates to Power Query. For December, some of the new features (download):
- Connection to three more data sources: Sybase IQ, Exchange, and Dynamics CRM Online
- When using the Navigator pane in the Power Query search, it will automatically detect database relationships
- You can share your query from the query fly-out
- More Query Editor ribbon buttons were added: Fill Down, Sort Ascending/Descending and Number Transformations
- A new Certified button was added to the search ribbon so you can filter the search results to only show certified results
And changes to the Admin Center and Data Management Gateway:
- You can now migrate data sources from one gateway to another. For more information, see Restoring a Gateway on Another Computer.
- You can now configure OData feeds to be accessed by using Windows Authentication. See Enable Windows Authentication for OData Feed with DirSync for more information.
- You can now configure notification settings in Admin Center to send email notifications about certain events (a gateway is expiring, a gateway has expired, an OData feed indexing operation has failed). For more information, see Configuration of Settings.
One other interesting mention is that Power Q&A, where users type ad-hoc questions and the system provides them with answers in the form of interactive charts and graphs, will this week be enabled to have the ability to explore your own data. As of now you can just use the demo workbooks.